Sunday, August 28, 2011

Travels, Part 2

The second leg of our trip out East took us to Ontario's beautiful cottage country.  The weather forecast for the week was mixed, but it ended up being sunny every. single. day.  Which was just the Vitamin D I needed after the distinct lack of summer we experienced on the West coast in July.

My sister and her brood joined us from Boston, so Lilah was rarely without a playmate, in contrast to the quiet of the Nova Scotia leg of our trip, during which she had to amuse herself solely with adults and nature (oh, okay fine, and the occasional DVD).

It was a fantastic week.

There was spray park-ing,





Critter-watching,

This little cricket got stuck between the two glass panels of the sliding door.  Poor Jiminy!
Mugging for the camera,


Hanging out on the dock enjoying the late afternoon sun and the slight breeze off the lake,


And of course, jumping.  Lots and lots of jumping.








Our attempt at recreating last year's photo.  Should I be embarassed that I'm wearing the same bikini again?
Lilah could not be convinced to get into the lake by any means of entry, airborne or otherwise, so she spent a lot of time watching her older cousins have at it.


She did, however, do some dryland training.  (Possibly in preparation for next year?)


But by far the highlight of our entire trip was the family bonding time.  I can never get enough of seeing Lilah enjoy and be enjoyed by her grandparents.

A girl and her grandad.
Can't wait to do it all again next year!

15 comments:

  1. Seriously, how toned is your back. Looking very strong mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Lilah have swimmies (those inflatable arm rings)? Juju LOVES them, and we LOVE them too because it has changed the name of the swimming game. It has always been fun to go swimming with her, or at least I thought it was, but now it's REALLY fun and I think I was just disillusioned before. :)

    and yes, it goes without saying you have an awesome bod. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ladies, I love you! Your comments came just when I was feeling like a big lump. Thanks for the pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pics Amanda - just puts a smile on my face - great synchro jumping BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recreated photo is awesome!!! It's great both years, but I think the redo is even more full of zest than the original.

    I now really want a picture of myself doing that with a girlfriend. Maybe I could persuade my sisters after they've had their babies? I probably ought not start bringing it up now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take fantastic photos -
    looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @CelinaWe don't have water wings for her yet, but she us pretty accustomed to wearing a life jacket, and wileagerly swim in pools. But the lake was a whole other story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @DebThanks, Deb! Two different photographers, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I have weird control issues around relinquishing my camera.

    As for your sisters, it all depends on how pregnant they are... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @SusanThanks, and it was. Huge fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures are AWESOME!! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Amanda! You sure rock a bikini girl! You're one hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jumps ... and the dryland training ;) Lilah is such a character!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great pictures!! I would love to do a vacation like this someday! I loved your interview on Bees with Honey! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm visit from Bees with Honey.

    Looks like you really had fun. Love pictures you got in here. I especially love the last pic, your daughter and her grandpa. Now, watching this photo made me miss my father and there bonding/playtime with my daughter.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...