Well, all I know is that two-and-a-half seems pretty terrific, and here is just a small sampling of the reasons why I believe this to be true:
1. It is socially acceptable - cute, even- to be a messy eater and end up with food all over your face.
2. You can rock a ladybug umbrella like nobody's business.
3. Kinder Surprise. 'Nuff said.
5. Pizza for dinner three nights in a row? Sure! Everyone is just happy to see you eat something that contains 3 out of the four food groups.
6. You're clever enough to do jigsaw puzzles but still young enough to get applause every. single. time you complete one.
7. Birthday parties (and hence, cupcakes) aplenty!
8. Needing 12 hours of sleep each night plus an afternoon nap is far from frowned upon.
9. You can create your own eclectic outfits without worrying about visits from the fashion police. Polka dot rain boots totally go with a skirt and tights. And don't forget the magic wand for good measure!
10. Temper tantrums are still de rigeur, which means you can get away with quite a lot. (No photo included on this item, for obvious reasons.)
So tell me, what's your favourite age, and why?